Invisalign in Wapello IA
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won't even know you're straightening your teeth.
- Are clear aligners covered by dental insurance? Many dental plans do include coverage for orthodontic appliances such as clear aligners. If you meet your insurance company’s eligibility requirements, they may cover a portion of the total treatment cost up to a lifetime maximum, which is typically between $1,000 to $3,000 USD. Call us and we can contact your insurance company for you to see if you have orthodontic coverage.
- Can I pay for clear aligners with an FSA or HSA? Generally, yes. Funds from flex spending accounts and health savings accounts can be applied to orthodontic appliances like clear aligners.
- Do I have to pay for everything up front? There is a down payment associated with the lab fees we incur. We allow monthly payments up to twelve months after treatment begins.
- How often should I wear aligners? Usually two to three weeks per step, at least 22 hours per day. Take them out to eat and brush your teeth.
- How long does treatment take? This varies from patient to patient. Treatment can take anywhere from a few months to a few years, depending on the complexity of the case.
- How visible are clear aligners? Clear aligners are completely transparent, which makes them much more discreet than metal braces. People usually don’t notice them. They’re not magic, however—you can see them at close range if you know what to look for.
- Invisalign treat patients directly? No. They manufacture aligners based on prescriptions from dentists and orthodontists. You and your doctor play the biggest role in ensuring the success of your treatment.
- Invisalign guarantee perfect results? Most patients do experience significant improvement in their smiles, but it’s impossible to guarantee the outcome of any orthodontic treatment. Your results may vary. There are however refinements available if needed during or after treatment has completed.
- Will I need to wear a retainer after treatment? To prevent relapse, doctors usually prescribe a retainer after any orthodontic treatment. ClearCorrect and Invisalign offers affordable, discreet clear retainers suitable for patients treated with clear aligners or traditional metal braces.